1 1/2 cups of milk
1/2 cup of butter
3/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon of sugar
9-10 cups of flour
2 cups of warm water
2 Tablespoons of yeast
Flour for surface
1 1/2 stick of butter for inside (for regular croissant rolls, otherwise just follow the Italian Butter Mix)
1. In a microwave safe bowl put milk, butter and 3/4 cup of sugar. Microwave for 2 minutes.
2. In a liquid measuring cup pour the water and yeast and 1 Tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
3. Stir in two cups of flour, and the egg into the microwaved mixture.
4. Add yeast mixture to cooled butter mixture.
5. Mix in 2 cups of flour at a time. Remember you have already added two cups. When I mixed mine I used 9 cups of flour total.
6. Cover with a towel and set in a warm place for thirty minutes.
7. Divide into four sections. Try and make them as even as possible.
8. On a floured surface roll out one ball of dough at a time into a circle shape (don't worry about the shape being perfect). Cover with 2 Tablespoons of butter (or the Italian spice mix below).
9. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 8 pieces.
10. Roll the pieces starting from the bigger edge to the smaller edge.
11. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Set in a warm place and let rise for 15-20 minutes. The first pan will look bigger by the time you finish rolling out the rest of the dough.
12. Preheat oven to 350 degrees after you finish rolling all the dough.
13. Put the first pan in the oven. Bake one pan at a time for 10-12 minutes. (Mine took 12 minutes).
14. While they are still hot from the oven glaze with the remaining butter used to butter the insides.
Italian Butter Mix
8 Tablespoons of butter, melted
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Mix all the ingredients into a small bowl.
2. Spread on bread in step 8 above.