Sunday, June 24, 2012

DIY Google Map

So, I was thinking the other day that I needed to make a map to pin every place I've been to. One of my life goals is to visit every state in the U.S. before I die. So far I have managed to cover about 30 of the 50 states. I got the grand idea to see if I could make a map online to keep everything all in one place...luckily I discoverd Google Maps. Since I already had a Google account it was very simple to create a map and add placemarks for any place I want. The lovely thing about this map is you can choose to keep the map private so only you can see it which I love!


Directions
1. If you have a Google account then skip to step 2. If you don't, then go to google.com and click the 'sign in' button at the top right of the screen. Create your Google account.
2. Go to Google.com and make sure to log in. At the top bar of the home page click on 'maps', then on the left of the page click 'my places'.
3. Click on 'create map'. Name your map and add a description if you would like. Just below the description you can choose to have a public or private map.
4. Find the location you want to pin. Click on the middle button 'add a placemark' to mark the location. Enter the locaiton name and a line or two if you want then click 'ok'.
5. When you are finished adding locations click 'done' at the top left of the page.
6. To add more placemarks at another time just click 'edit' on the map and add in what you need to.

Links
Google Maps
Create a Google Account

This is the link I read to figure out how to create my account but the directions aren't that great. A lot of what I did I had to figure out on my own.
Create a Map of Places You've Visited

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.