Pick the serving size you are cooking for then decide if you want to make them on the stove or in the oven. Both ways taste the same, but if you need the beans cooked in a hurry cook them on the stove.
Large Serving Ingredients (15-20 servings)
7lb 2oz can of Van Camp's Pork and Beans, drained
1 cup brown sugar
5 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
1/4 cup mustard
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup ketchup OR barbecue sauce (we like barbecue better)
Small Serving Ingredients (5-8 servings)
4 regular size cans of Van Camp's Pork and Beans, drained
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
2 tablespoons mustard
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
3-4 tablespoons of ketchup OR barbecue sauce
Cook on Stove
1. Pour all ingredients into a pot large enough to hold everything with room to stir well.
2. Turn the stove up to medium-high and stir pretty often until they start to bubble.
3. Once the mix is bubbling turn down to medium and cook 10-15 minutes.
4. Turn down to low and keep the beans stirred often until you are ready to serve them.
Bake in Oven
1. Pour beans in a glass baking dish.
2. Add all other ingredients and stir together.
3. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until bubbly. Serve when ready.
~It is very important that you drain the beans before adding the other ingredients because if you don't the mix will be very soupy and a lot of the flavor will go to the sauce not the baked beans themselves.