Monday, June 25, 2012

Two Ways To Fix Easy Baked Beans

This recipe is inspired from one my mom has used since I was a little girl. I made this version of the recipe up tonight to serve with the pork stakes and Autry's Ranch Potato Salad (another BEB Blog recipe) and they were a huge hit. I used the large serving ingredients and we had enough for every one (10 of us) and plenty of left over to have for lunch tomorrow.


Pick the serving size you are cooking for then decide if you want to make them on the stove or in the oven. Both ways taste the same, but if you need the beans cooked in a hurry cook them on the stove.

Large Serving Ingredients (15-20 servings)
7lb 2oz can of Van Camp's Pork and Beans, drained
1 cup brown sugar
5 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
1/4 cup mustard
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup ketchup OR barbecue sauce (we like barbecue better)

Small Serving Ingredients (5-8 servings)
4 regular size cans of Van Camp's Pork and Beans, drained
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
2 tablespoons mustard
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
3-4 tablespoons of ketchup OR barbecue sauce

Cook on Stove
1. Pour all ingredients into a pot large enough to hold everything with room to stir well.
2. Turn the stove up to medium-high and stir pretty often until they start to bubble.
3. Once the mix is bubbling turn down to medium and cook 10-15 minutes.
4. Turn down to low and keep the beans stirred often until you are ready to serve them.

Bake in Oven
1. Pour beans in a glass baking dish.
2. Add all other ingredients and stir together.
3. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until bubbly. Serve when ready.

Notes
~It is very important that you drain the beans before adding the other ingredients because if you don't  the mix will be very soupy and a lot of the flavor will go to the sauce not the baked beans themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.