8 cups of potatoes (see notes)
6 cups of milk (I use evaporated milk most of the time)
2 cups whipped cream (Rich's Whip Topping. It's not sweet, but adds lots of flavor)
1/2 stick of butter (this will give the soup a brownish/yellowish color, btw)
4 pieces of cooked, chopped bacon (grease too for flavor!)
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt (more or less salt as you wish)
1 Tablespoon oregano
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 Tablespoons onion powder
2 Tablespoons garlic powder
1. Mix all ingredients in a large pot. Place on stove and turn burner to medium heat.
2. Stir a lot until the mixture is hot. If you don't stir then the milk will stick to the bottom and eventually burn.
3. Taste the mix with a spoon to see how the flavors are. Add more spices if you wish. (I almost always add more, but that is just me. The amounts above are good enough for most people.)
4. Turn the soup down to low and stir every 30 minutes or so.
5. Cook for 2-3 hours to have flavors blend. Even better, cook the day before and refrigerate overnight for stronger flavor.
6. Serve hot with biscuits or my Italian Buttered Croissant Rolls.
~You can use canned potatoes or fresh cooked potatoes for this recipe. If you use canned potatoes keep the water in the soup mix. If you use cooked potatoes add 2-3 cups of water to the soup.