Monday, June 25, 2012

Cherry Dump Cake

This recipe is awesome. My Grandma Karon and dad Bill love it when I fix it for desert. I love it because it is like cherry cobbler only better because it is sweeter and has more texture and flavor. Generally when I make it I cook it a little long on accident so the top is usually kind of dark for me...but it still tastes delicious (see picture to know what I'm talking about).

This recipe is a mix of things I've experimented with and the normal recipe. The reason I say experiment is because I had to look on the internet for a recipe on how to make your own cake mix because I didn't have one and I wanted to make this cake. So here it is!


Ingredients
2 21oz. cans of cherry pie filling
2 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 Tablespoon of baking powder
2 sticks of butter, melted

Directions
1. Grease the EDGES ONLY of a glass baking dish. Or if you use a throw away baking pan don't grease it at all.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Pour the two cans of pie filling in the bottom of the pan.
4. In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Sprinkle over the cherry pie filling.
5. Melt the butter in the microwave. I like to use a coffee mug so I can just pour it out. Use a spoon to spread the butter around more evenly.
6. Bake in oven for 60 minutes. Serve warm. It is also amazing with vanilla ice cream.

Links
The original cake mix recipe.

This Post Was Shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.