This recipe is a mix of things I've experimented with and the normal recipe. The reason I say experiment is because I had to look on the internet for a recipe on how to make your own cake mix because I didn't have one and I wanted to make this cake. So here it is!
2 21oz. cans of cherry pie filling
2 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 Tablespoon of baking powder
2 sticks of butter, melted
1. Grease the EDGES ONLY of a glass baking dish. Or if you use a throw away baking pan don't grease it at all.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Pour the two cans of pie filling in the bottom of the pan.
4. In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Sprinkle over the cherry pie filling.
5. Melt the butter in the microwave. I like to use a coffee mug so I can just pour it out. Use a spoon to spread the butter around more evenly.
6. Bake in oven for 60 minutes. Serve warm. It is also amazing with vanilla ice cream.