This recipe makes 36 muffins
2 1/2 cups of sugar
2 cups vegetable oil
1 29oz. can of Libby's Pumpkin
4 cups of whole wheat flour (this is what I used)
1 tbs. baking powder
1 tbs. baking soda
1 tbs. nutmeg
2 tbs. cinnamon (heaping spoonfuls!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl combine eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil. Mix until everything is blended well then add the pumpkin and mix again.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
4. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir well.
5. In a greased muffin tin place 1/4 cup of the mixture in each cup. Top with 1 teaspoon of crumb topping.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. If they are still not cooked all the way after 20 minutes add another 6-7 minutes.
7. Once the cupins have cooled a few minutes drizzle them and then serve.
1 stick of butter
4 tbs. sugar
6 shakes of cinnamon
1 cup of flour
Microwave butter in a microwave safe bowl until it is completely melted. Add the sugar, cinnamon and flour and stir with a fork. It should form a crumb like texture.
2/3 cup of powdered sugar
1 tbs. milk
In a small bowl mix both ingredients until there are no lumps in it. Set aside until cupins are out of the oven and ready to be drizzled.
The main recipe I used for this creation was the one at Breakfast at Banjos.