Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pumpkin Cupin Recipe

This is a Pinterest inspired recipe. I was in the mood for something pumpkin but didn't have everything some of the cupcake recipes required so I decided to make my own with what I had. This recipe will come out very moist and will have a tendency to fall apart, but the flavors and texture are worth it. Now, you are probably wondering about the word "cupin" but it is very simple. This is a combination of cupcake and muffin recipes so therefore my sister combined the words and made this and I thought it was appropriate. These are not so sweet that they can't be called muffins, but they are also fancy enough to be called a cupcake.


This recipe makes 36 muffins
 
Cupin Ingredients
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups of sugar
2 cups vegetable oil
1 29oz. can of Libby's Pumpkin
4 cups of whole wheat flour (this is what I used)
1 tbs. baking powder
1 tbs. baking soda
1 tbs. nutmeg
2 tbs. cinnamon (heaping spoonfuls!)
 
Cupin Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl combine eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil. Mix until everything is blended well then add the pumpkin and mix again.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
4. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir well.
5. In a greased muffin tin place 1/4 cup of the mixture in each cup. Top with 1 teaspoon of crumb topping.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. If they are still not cooked all the way after 20 minutes add another 6-7 minutes.
7. Once the cupins have cooled a few minutes drizzle them and then serve.

Crumb Topping
1 stick of butter
4 tbs. sugar
6 shakes of cinnamon
1 cup of flour
 
Crumb Directions
Microwave butter in a microwave safe bowl until it is completely melted. Add the sugar, cinnamon and flour and stir with a fork. It should form a crumb like texture.

Drizzle
2/3 cup of powdered sugar
1 tbs. milk
 
Drizzle Directions
In a small bowl mix both ingredients until there are no lumps in it. Set aside until cupins are out of the oven and ready to be drizzled.

Links
The main recipe I used for this creation was the one at Breakfast at Banjos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.