Monday, June 25, 2012

Snacking Healthy | Frozen Yogurt Bites


This is a healthy snack which keeps for at least a week at least...if you don't eat them up before then. Frozen yogurt is amazing, but frozen yogurt drops are better! If you like to eat ice just for fun then you should definitely try these because they're like little bits of flavored ice...only much much better.


Ingredients
4 6oz. containers of yogurt (any flavor)


Directions
1. Use a cookie sheet and cover it with wax paper. Once you measure and cut the wax paper flip it over so the rolling edges are held out by the edge of the pan.
2. Stir the yogurt before you use it to make the bites. Take a small spoon or teaspoon and fill it with yogurt. Let it drop off the spoon onto the wax paper. Continue until the pan is full or the yogurt cup is empty and go on to the next cup until they are all done. MAKE SURE to keep each drop seperate from the others around it!! I can usually get 48 drops on one cookie sheet.
3. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours, or until they aren't soft to the touch.
4. Pull the wax paper up off the pan and pop each bite of yogurt off the paper. Put in a bowl to eat right away or in a zip lock bag to store in the freezer immediately. Make sure not to keep them out of the freezer for more than a few minutes when you transfer them off the pan because they will start to melt quite fast.

Notes
~You can also use Dannon Vanilla yogurt which is what I used for the bites in the photograph for this post. Those are my absolute favorite and that is the best yogurt for you that you can by from WalMart, or so I've been able to find out thus far.

This Post Was Shared!

1 comment:

  1. You have one great idea here with your frozen yogurt bites. Perfect time of year for this idea. I am going to make some and I know my children will just love them. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!
















    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.