Saturday, June 30, 2012

Soft Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies

My sister Valerie walked in the kitchen this afternoon and handed me a strawberry cake mix and asked me to fix something. I looked at all my Pinterest boards and the only thing I found was lemonade cupcakes...unfortunately I had no lemonade mix (I will have to make those at some point though because they sounded amazing!), so I went on a Google hunt. I decided to try my hand at cake mix cookies...so here it goes...


Makes about 40 small cookies.

Ingredients
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 box strawberry cake mix
Directions
1. In a bowl mix together egg, oil, butter and vanilla.
2. Add cake mix. Stir until the white bits of cake mix are all gone.
3. Refrigerate dough for 15-20 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
5. Use a teaspoon to scoop out dough. Roll into balls and place on greased baking pan.
6. Bake one pan at a time for 10 minutes. Pull out and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
7. Ice with Vanilla Yogurt Frosting or serve without a frosting.

Vanilla Yogurt Frosting
1 Tablespoon of butter, melted
1 Tablespoon Dannon all natural vanilla yogurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 cups powdered sugar
1-3 drops food coloring (I used red)
Frosting Directions
1. Stir together melted butter and yogurt. Add vanilla.
2. Stir in one cup of powdered sugar. Add more if necessary.
3. Add in food coloring.
4. Frost cookies.

Notes
~You can use any cake mix in place of the strawberry mix.

Links

1 comment:

  1. Dear Helen, these cookies look so pretty and I am sure they were delicious. This is what I usually do when I have cake mix on hand. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.