Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Keepsake Box | My First Bible

I missed this post last Saturday...it totally skipped my mind until about Monday night...I had to type this one up ahead of time, but it is out none the less! :)


This is the very first full Bible that I ever owned. I was 6 years old and I had just been baptized for the very first time. I say very first because I've been baptized countless times for different reasons since then... Afterwards we were at home and I remember my mom giving this little box with a bow on it to me to open. Inside it was this Bible.


Over the years I wrote in, colored on, and covered the blank pages in the front with stickers, writing, and art. As you can see in this photo I was having a hard time remembering left from right and since my Bible was usually around where I was I supposed I thought that would be a handy place to write down which was which! I'm still not sure that I have those down, but now that's for a completely different reason (brain injury) and not because I haven't learned which was which.

Back on topic....sorry...anyway, I don't really remember getting this Bible. I've seen photos since the wreck so that's how I was able to put a few piece of my brain back into their filing drawers so-to-speak. It has been a long time since this Bible has been used, but it is still special to me and is for sure one I would like to keep for years to come!

4 comments:

  1. our first bibles are always special...maybe since you got it out, His Word can help you remember more.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Bible! My brother and I both had one. I think mine snapped shut and his didn't, but they were the same cover as yours. What a trip down memory lane. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool!! I always wanted one that zipped closed when I was a kid. I never got one though.

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.