Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday Weekly Review #31


I had the brilliant idea (well, I think it's brilliant lol) of going back to when I first received the Liebster Award and seeing how the blogs I nominated are doing in present time... In case you don't know anything about the Liebster Award here's the facts: You are nominated by a blogger who was previously nominated for the award. You share 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you gave you, create 11 questions for your nominees, then you nominate 11 people for the award, and finally (in your nomination post) you thank the blogger who nominated you! It's all about the number 11! A VERY important rule to this award: You have to have less than 200 GFC followers in order to receive it.


If you're interested here's my First Liebster Award Nomination Post. Blue Eyed Beauty Blog was nominated for this award 3 times before I crossed over the 200 follower line.


My first nomination came from Julie @ Hey, Mommy Chocolate Milk (link goes to post where I was nominated). Julie is an Apostolic Pentecostal blogger & mommy who shares a LOT of creative things for kids. Currently she is very close to 500 followers! On Bloglovin she has 120+ followers.

Nominees In Order of Appearance on the Post


Notions From Nonny. Frances & I have become quite good blogging friends over the past {almost} year. We now work together on Exercise Encouragement Group Blog where she is a post contributor and we chat via email regularly. Here is her nomination post. She currently has almost 150 followers on GFC! On Bloglovin she has 50+ followers. (Frances is an Apostolic Pentecostal blogger!)


God's Growing Garden. I featured this blog on WWR #30 so you may remember her from that. Angie & I now work together each month to put out The Great Blog Train Blog Hop on each first Wednesday. She has close to 800 followers on GFC! On Bloglovin she has almost 500 followers.


Niki's Notebook. Niki and I have become good blogging friends. Recently we worked together to create her latest blog design with the notebook & lace. Here is Niki's nomination post. She almost has 10 followers on her blog! On Bloglovin she has, well, 1 follower...ME! :)


Classic Mary Moments. Mary is an Apostolic Pentecostal blogger. Not long after her nomination she removed GFC from her blog so I don't know any current updates there, but she does still blog quite often.


SquigglesssAn Apostolic Pentecostal blog written by the beautiful Donnalyn. She has 30+ followers on GFC and 5 followers on Bloglovin.


Just An Ordinary Girl. Unfortunately this blog has been deleted.


Let Them Eat Cake aka xoxo Rebecca. Back in the day Rebecca's blog was called Let Them Eat Cake, but recently she has updated and renamed her blog to xoxo Rebecca. Unfortunately for some odd reason I can't see her sidebar (it won't load on my computer, it's odd) so I don't know how many GFC followers she has now, but on Bloglovin she has 200+ followers!


Natural with Kendra. Another Apostolic Pentecostal blog. Kendra writes about caring for Natural Hair. Her blog has almost 150 followers on GFC!


Sweeping Mama. This blog too has been deleted.


Dear Wallet. Ariana is a collage graduate, photographer, graphic designer, business owner, and blogger. Read her nomination post. She has 50+ followers on GFC and almost 20 on Bloglovin!


The Miscellaneous Files. Written by Nailah, a woman from South Korea. She has 60 followers on Facebook and 3 followers on Bloglovin.


Walking In My Shoes aka Erica Start Walking. Erica is a stay at home wife & mom of two boys. She blogs about fitness, reviews, and daily life. Read her nomination post. She now has over 1000 followers on GFC! Over 650 followers on Bloglovin.


I'll be making similar posts following the second and third Liebster Award nominations as well so be looking for those in the future!

Featured? Grab a Button!
On the left sidebar click the "grab a button" tab (or click the link) and scroll down to the "I was featured @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog" button to share on your blog!!!

Interested In Seeing More Blogs?
If you loved these blogs, you may enjoy the other's I've featured since the birth of The Wednesday Weekly Review. How can you find them without going through each post? Easy! Just view all the buttons on my Pinterest board: Blogs I've Featured!

This Post Was Shared!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your nominations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Helen on being nominated! It is fun looking back and seeing how much your blog has grown! Thanks so much for linking up today...have a blessed rest of your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Helen... I recently got rid of GFC a few months ago. But I had a little over 1700 followers there. My sidebar got extremely wacky and I had no idea how to get it back. Luckily, it got fixed with some help from a friend, and everything is good to go now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! That's a LOT! lol. Yeah I was wondering what was going on because several times I'd go to visit your blog and it wouldn't DO anything. It's like it froze up or something. I really like the new look you have going on now though!

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.