Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cooking For 2 | Stuffed Crust Skillet Pizza


So it's been a few weeks, but here is yet another DELICIOUS dinner recipe that really doesn't take too terribly long to put together and doesn't take long to bake either!


Ingredients
2 Tablespoons butter
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1/2 cup your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 can crescent rolls
2 cheese sticks
2 cups of meat (chicken, beef, Italian sausage)
8 oz. of cheese, shredded (Swiss, Cheddar, Colby)
Parmesan cheese

Optional Toppings
1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
sliced olives
fresh spinach
pineapple
pepperoni
bell peppers
or anything else you want!

Directions
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the butter into a 10 inch skillet. Pop in the oven until the butter is melted enough to coat the entire bottom of the pan.
3. While the skillet is in the oven mix together the tomato paste and spaghetti sauce to create your pizza sauce.
4. Unroll the crescent rolls and spread on the bottom and sides of the skillet.
5. Pull apart each roll of string cheese into thirds. Place along very edge of the skillet crust. Cover with the top edge of the crescent rolls to create a stuffed crust.
5. Spread the sauce over the crescent rolls, avoiding the 'stuffed crust' edges.
6. Add all your toppings except for the cheeses. The cheese should be topped last, see next step.
7. Sprinkle the top of your pizza with Parmesan. Cover the top of the pizza with the remaining cheeses.
8. Bake the entire pizza in the oven for 10 minutes.

More Cooking For 2 Recipes to Try!

3 comments:

  1. I'm actually going to seriously try this!! It sounds delicious!! :) Do you have any easy healthy recipes??

    Also I've awarded you to do the Brilliant Blog Bouquet Award.... It would be awesome if you did it!!?!
    Link is: http://growingingodsimage.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/brilliant-blog-bouquet-award.html

    Sara-Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, new follower from the Aloha Friday blog hop. This looks amazing! Can't wait to check out your blog some more. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always on the lookout for recipes for two! It can be so difficult to cook for fewer than a full family, but it's just my man and me.

    Visiting from the Sweet & Savoury Sundays!

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.