Uncooked Cookie Dough
Clean ice cube trays
A dinner knife
1. Make up the cookie dough. The recipe for the cookies used in these photos isn't posted yet...but I do have The Best Basic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe which you can fancy up any way you desire or, for something less Christmassy you can try these recipes: Apple Oatmeal Spice Cookies, Flavorful Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin 'Cookie' Drops, Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies, Soft Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies.
2. Bake the cookies you wish, or start scooping dough into each ice cube space.
3. Put the trays in the freezer for a few hours, or overnight to let the dough harden.
4. After they are hard, or the next day, use the dinner knife to pop the cookie dough cubes out of the trays and put them in an air tight container or ziploc bag. Store in the freezer until you're ready to use.
5. Follow the directions for the recipe you used to bake the cookies when you're ready to eat them!
This is a perfect way to avoid the Christmas rush, but still have fresh cookies on the day of or before Christmas! :)