4 Tablespoons butter
1 10 oz. package mini marshmallows
6 cups rice cereal
2 squares of Almond Bark, vanilla flavor (white)
red & green food coloring
1. In a large pot melt the butter. Add in the red food coloring once the butter is melted. It will take quite a bit to get a really dark pink/red color.
2. Dump the whole package of marshmallows into the butter. Keep the mix stirred. It will take about 3 minutes to melt. The marshmallows will form a lump/clump and then all of the individual marshmallows will melt and be ready for the cereal. This is what it should look like before you add in the dry cereal:
3. Remove the marshmallow mix from the heat and stir in the cereal until it is all covered in marshmallow.
4. Grease a 9x13x2 inch pan. Dump the mix into the pan and mash it down with a spatula.
5. Let the rice krispie's sit for a little bit until they've cooled off and hardened.
6. While the rice krispies are cooling off, melt one square of white chocolate in the microwave. Heat one minute, stir, heat again for one minute. Now it should be almost melted you may need half a minute to make it perfectly smooth.
7. Using the back of the spoon spread the chocolate over the hardened rice krispies.
8. Melt the second square of chocolate in the microwave using the same process as in step 6. Once it's melted add a few drops of green food coloring and stir it up.
9. Spread the green chocolate over the rice krispies. Make sure to get all the places that were missed when you spread the white chocolate.
10. Cut the rice krispies into squares and store in an air tight container or eat them up!
~These are best when served the same day.
~Can be stored at room temp for two days.
~Can be stored in the freezer for several weeks.
This Post Was Shared!