I used most of the ingredients for this recipe from the one found at All Recipes, but I added some of my own flairs to it, of course. I also made up the icing recipe...which is one of my personal favorites because it tastes so delicious! I hope you will enjoy this cake as much as we all did!
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla flavor
1/2 teaspoon almond flavor
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together butter and sugar. Add in vanilla, almond, and eggs.
|When you get done with step 3 your cake mix should look like this.|
3. Add baking powder and flour to mix. Stir in milk.
4. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
5. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Let it cool for as long as possible before putting the icing on. I usually let the cake sit an hour (yes I've made this more than once!!)
5 Tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. In a medium or small bowl melt the butter in the microwave. Add in vanilla.
2. Stir in 2 cups of powdered sugar. Add more if the icing is not thick enough.
3. Once the cake is cooled, about an hour later, spread the icing over the top. You may have to stir up the icing if you make it up ahead of time or as the cake comes out of the oven so that it will spread easily.
Extra photo: the cake was well enjoyed!
And here's the birthday boy with his cake! :)