2 sticks of butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla flavor
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar for *snow*
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl mix together the butter and both sugars. Add in the eggs, vanilla and baking soda.
3. Add in the flour and stir really well. Your dough will be ready for the next step.
4. Take a spoonful of the mixed dough out. Add orange food coloring to this portion of dough. You will be using this to make the noses for the cookie snowmen faces.
5. Here's how my dough looked. It looks a little on the red side, but it's okay for me. Orange is the color of carrots which is what I was aiming for.
6. On a floured surface roll out the dough. Using a knife put little 'trees' or 'teepees'. These will be the noses for the cookies.
7. Pour the chocolate chips into a bowl or on a plate. These will be used for the eyes and mouth of the snowmen.
8. Roll balls of cookie dough and place them on a greased cookie sheet. I was able to fit 15 per pan.
9. Use a flat bottomed glass dusted with flour to smash the balls of cookie dough flat.
10. Make sure the cookies aren't smashed too flat, but aren't rounded.
11. Put two chocolate chips on for the eyes and the put the smile on. I used four chocolate chips, sometimes five.
12. Now put a nose on each face to complete it.
13. Bake the cookies in the oven for 12 minutes.
|The middle cookie on the bottom doesn't have powdered sugar on it.|
Just so you know.
14. Using a strainer for tea leaves or something similar, sprinkle powdered sugar over the baked cookies.
15. Remove the cookies from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Store in an air tight container once the chocolate has cooled so the cookies won't stick together.
This Post Was Shared!