Can you tell that I watched The Sound of Music as a child? :) Well, I just happen to love that movie and I was writing the tile for this post and thought of it...anyway... This Christmas not only did I give goodies to Autry's family back in Mississippi, but I made up packages for all my siblings, parents and grandparents too! (Winter Bucket List #8: Make cookies & treats to send to family.)
Before I share with you all the goodies stuffed inside these 'brown paper packages tied up with string' I wan't to show you how they're wrapped up.
What I Used
white paper doilys
thin green ribbon
brown paper packages
red sharpie marker
1. Stuff the bag with all the goodies.
2. Fold the edge of the brown bag over. Fold a little part of the doily. Write who the gift is to on the front of the doily and then set it on top of the folded bag.
3. Use the hole punch and put two holes in the top of the bag to feed the ribbon through.
4. Make sure to cut a good length of ribbon. Feed it through each hole. Make sure it is smooth on the back as you can see in the photo.
5. On the front of the package tie the ribbon to hold it in place. Next tie a bow with the ends of the ribbon tucked behind the knot so they both hang down straight (or do a different type of bow...this is all I really know how to do).
The Goodies Inside
Click on each photo to view the recipes!
I will tell you that everything was quite popular!!