Monday, August 19, 2013

The Survivalist Post #9 | Sensible Stockpiling


Awhile back I was doing some shopping and picked up a few things to stock up. I'm sure many of you know all about stocking up, but if you don't let me tell you it can be quite expensive if you try to 'stock up' all in one day! Building a stock pile of sensible things is never a bad idea. You never know when your stash of toilet paper under the bathroom cabinet will run out, or one day you'll suddenly realize your toothbrush needs to be replaced but you don't have extras. I'm talking about stockpiling every day things.


Stockpiling means something different to everyone. To me it's the difference between having something and running out of it. Clothes pins break, toothbrushes go flat, matches burn, and tampons...well, no explanation needed there. All of those things are something I like to have a lot of on hand because they get used or broken and need to be replaced. The only other thing in this photo that wasn't a usual 'sensible stockpiling' buy are the water purification tablets. I happened to buy those because I FOUND them and sometimes they're hard to find at the store, and I needed them for my BOB.


A quick tip on the Water Purification Tablets, you probably won't be keeping them in their package so make sure to label the tops of the bottles with a sharpie so you'll remember which one to use first.

Okay so back to stockpiling sensible things. I have a running list of things I want to pick up if we have extra money by the time the rest of the shopping is done. I don't always get something from that list, but it's still there. I thought I'd put together a list of sensible things to stockpile.

Sensible Stockpile Items
Toilet Paper
Tooth brushes
Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
Bars of Soap
Laundry detergent
Bleach
Tampons (feminine products)
Matches
Gallons of Water
Dish Soap

What are things you'd stockpile?

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.