Monday, August 5, 2013

Cooking For 2 | BLT Sandwiches


I'm sure most of you know what BLT stands for, but just it case...it means: Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwich. This is one of my personal favorite summer sandwiches and is even better if you have the tomato and lettuce growing right in your own garden!


Ingredients
1-2 good-size tomatoes
9+ leaves of lettuce, washed
8 slices of bread
6-8 pieces of bacon, halved & cooked
Ranch or Mayo

Directions
1. Cook your bacon pieces either in the skillet or in the oven (oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes, watch them so they don't get too crispy or burn!).
2. Slice your tomatoes up and get your lettuce leaves ready.
3. Toast your bread and then add your sauce of choice. I like Ranch, Hubby prefers Mayo.
4. Layer your sandwich up! I prefer to do them lettuce first, then tomatoes, then bacon, but do what works for you!

Enjoy your lovely summer sandwich!

2 comments:

  1. I love BLT's too : ) I just wanted to say thanks for featuring me and following! I'm following you on GFC. Congrats on your pregnancy : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love BLT's and your sandwich has me cooking BLT's for dinner tonight lol yummm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.