I think my old sweet tooth is coming back to life. When I first got pregnant I couldn't eat hardly anything that was sweet because it would make me sick. Occasionally I would eat a rice krispy bar, but over all I couldn't handle eating desserts. This recipe is one I made on the fly without any inspiration. It turned out SO good, you'll have to try it and let me know what you think.
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup powdered sugar
1 pkg. crescent rolls
1 21oz. can cherry pie filling
1. Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a glass bowl mix together cream cheese, lemon juice, and powdered sugar.
4. In the greased baking dish, line the bottom of the pan with half of the crescent rolls. Press them out so they fill the whole bottom of the pan.
5. Pour the cherry cream cheese mixture on top of the crescent roll crust. Spread evenly.
6. Take the remaining crescent rolls and press them out on a flat surface. Lay them on top of the cherry cream cheese mix.
7. Bake the Danish in the oven for 35 minutes.
8. Refrigerate before serving.