Thursday, August 15, 2013

FAIL | Soft Caramels


One evening, before I found out I was pregnant, I had a strong craving for soft caramels. I had pinned a few recipes on Pinterest that I really wanted to try, but until then I hadn't tried any of them. I thought I would wait until I got a candy thermometer. The last time I tried to make any type of candy (before this time I'm talking about now)  it didn't turn out so hot either...but at least it stuck together instead of this stuff which stayed runny.

Anyway, it's been so long now I don't remember exactly what recipe I tried to use, but I do know that I really should've waited until I got a candy thermometer. Oh well. The 'soft caramel' experiment didn't go completely to waste. I scooped it into a bowl and dipped pretzels in it. That actually turned out pretty tasty.

I originally started out wanting to try and make soft caramels because I remembered these DELICIOUS caramels that a friend of the family would give to us each year at Christmas time. I really miss them. I wish I had her recipe or had learned from her how to make them. They were to-die-for!!! Anyway, these didn't turn out really good, but I'd eventually like to try another shot at making soft caramels.

Have you tried making Soft Caramels?

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried soft caramels before, but I have tried some pinned recipes and they were fails too! But live and learn and I've actually adaptes some and they turned out great! Good luck on your quest for a good caramel recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.