Thursday, August 1, 2013

Big Life Changes Happening

Photo taken on July 4th, 2012.

As most of you lovely readers already know Hubby & I are expecting a little one which will be due in January. Our apartment lease is also up in January, but I've been nervous about moving and having a baby all in the same month. Do-able? Yes, I'm sure...but not something I really want to go through! Because of this Hubby & I have spent lots of time on the internet, and driving around local streets to see what the possible housing options were for buying a house. It's been a pretty slow and mostly stressful process, but we finally came to a conclusion: living in town for the next 20 years isn't really for us.

Autry grew up deep in the southern backwoods of Mississippi, and I spent a fair amount of time in what I considered the 'country' of Oklahoma just before moving to Missouri. I miss it, he misses it and we want to raise our kid in a country home... We didn't have far to look. A house came to us that I've always loved and admired and we were able to get it at a good deal. Not only that, but it has gardens, fruit trees, grape vines, and blackberry bushes ALREADY IN AND PRODUCING!!! What could be better?? (I said gardens because there are two: one has been made strictly organic, and the other is a regular garden!)

With the move to the country there will be a lot of major changes brought to our lives. We won't have the in-town convenience of multiple stores a few blocks away and we also won't have restaurants at easy access (and though we've been doing much better about not eating out more than 1-2 times a week, it will be much easier to avoid if the nearest restaurant is 5 miles away instead of just one!). Another huge change will be the lack of internet access which means not as much blogging (don't panic, keep reading!) and no more Netflix (which is something I think we needed to let go of anyway).

Now if you're worried I won't be blogging anymore, let me put those worries to bed: I still plan to keep blogging! Of course I can't see any possible way that I can have posts published every day of every month like I've been doing recently, but I have set a goal of at least one post per week...which will more than likely be pre-scheduled since I really won't know when I'll have internet access. I LOVE blogging and that is one thing that makes me sad about moving. There are so many bonuses and so many positives though that it's hard to let that keep me down.

I will have more than enough stuff to write about once the move to the country is made. Not only all the garden stuff, but being able to completely decorate a room the way I want to (this will be a slow process), the chickens we plan to get will be a whole new learning experience & topic here on the blog, plus the baby will be here before we all know it! I will still have my laptop and camera (thank God those don't require internet to use!!) so I'll be able to take plenty of photos & write posts in word documents to load into a draft post when I do have internet access... I think this plan will work nicely, but as I said I plan to write as least four a month and everything else just consider a bonus!

Hubby & I are both very excited about the new changes that are happening in our lives. I've prayed so many times that if we weren't supposed to get this house that it would sell, or that the loan wouldn't be approved right away...little things which would make a huge difference. I really feel like this is where we are supposed to be headed and where God wants us to go and that is a wonderful feeling to have!

As I said above, I'm a little sad that blogging will be taking a back burner, but glad in the fact that I think I'll be able to keep it active on a weekly basis thanks to the lovely "Schedule" option Blogger has!! I know there will be so much that I miss since I will have to unsubscribe from blog updates via email so that my inbox won't be overloaded when I do have internet access. I have been making an excel list with the blog URL's of my favorite blogs so that I will hopefully be able to somewhat keep up with you all! I will miss all the blogging friends I've made...you all know who you are!

For the next two weeks or so things should remain mostly the same around here on the blog, but after that you may see less posting and now you know why that is. I will miss you lovely readers and blogging friends!

19 comments:

  1. That all sounds so very exciting! I will miss seeing your posts but this will give you plenty of writing time for future scheduled posts! :)

    Have fun! Life is the GREATEST adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I still plan to do some blogging, it just won't be every day of the week. I have one a day scheduled through August 26th. After that they're hit and miss..

      Helen

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on finding a perfect house, Helen! I wish you and Autry all the best in your new adventures in the country! It sounds like you start moving very soon. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're very excited and I've already got several new things to blog about!

      Helen

      Delete
  3. Internet isn't everything, but nice if you can get it. There is satellite internet now and maybe that will be an option. Country life is grand and you will be so busy with a new family and making it all your own. Good Luck. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, how exciting and congratulations! I can't wait to hear about all your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow congrats! That is a major change, but an exciting and amazing one :)Wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Living in the country in your dream home and being able to roam your gardens while picking fruit trees sounds like it's worth the sacrifice of internet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a dream come true! You will be so happy when you are in your own home and nesting before the baby comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I already working on what I want to get done before the baby comes!

      Helen

      Delete
  8. Oh how exciting!! Have fun getting all ready for baby in the new place. Think about getting some chickens too, they'll make that country living complete :) My personal recommendation is Polish Chickens 'cause they are so darn cute, but any will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually we are looking into getting chickens. Right now our main concern in the chicken department is figuring out how to build a shelter that will keep them warm enough in the awful winters we have.

      Helen

      Delete
  9. How every exciting!! I am a little jealous...I am a country girl at heart! I can't wait to read about all of your new adventures! And baby adventures too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) We're quite excited. I can't wait to start sharing everything from our new adventures!

      Helen

      Delete
  10. That is so exciting! I'm quite a bit jealous as we couldn't afford to live in the country here in Pennsylvania.

    Will you eventually have your internet up? I can't see why you wouldn't be able to have it. Unless it's more of an affordability thing, then I could understand

    Good luck with all your new life changes! I look forward to reading about it & seeing all the new pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the internet is an affordability thing right now. It's much too expensive out where we are. Eventually I'll look into what the other options might be, but for now I kind of like not having it at my fingertips every single day. :)

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.