Friday, August 2, 2013

Baby Room Ideas

August 30th is the official day of when we will find out what the baby is, but I have a REALLY strong idea it just *might* be a boy! (I'd be super excited if its a girl though so don't worry about that!). I have a few ideas for what I'd like to do with the baby's room, but haven't quite decided. Here are my ideas any input just might be appreciated! :)

{photo via White Table Style}

One thing I want no matter if we have a girl or boy is to do a one wall in the baby's room with vertical stripes. I'm thinking of painting with yellow, but haven't quite decided yet.

{photo via The Winthrop Chronicles}

This is also something I want to do when our baby is born. I LOVE it and think it's a great way to display all those little details in one place in a cute way.

{photo via FaveCrafts}

I want to make a blanket for the baby. I'm sort of waiting to get going on this until I figure out what we're having. If it's a boy I'd love to do something with these lovely colors.

{photo via Radical Possibility}

Another fun idea that I haven't decided if I want to use yet or not is painting the edge of the door a fun color. Be sure to stop over at Radical Possibility to see her tutorial for this project!

{photo via Positively Splendid}

If I have a baby girl I might do something with ruffles on the baby bed. I think that'd be cute...and a LOT of work! lol. It's an idea I have, but I'm not sure I'd end up using it.

{photo via Aesthetic Outburst}

As I said I want to make baby blankets. Now whether that is a quilt or it's a crochet blanket I haven't quite decided. This is one I REALLY love and hope to make at some point if not this time around.

{photo via Pinterest}

I'm already in the process of collecting clothes. Even though I don't know what I'm having I've decided to go ahead and pick up the good deals I've been finding at yard sales (0.25 cents per item & even some shoes that cheap as well!) Anyway, I figure I can always box up the opposite stuff I don't end up using and save it for the next time around.

{photo via Barnes Yard}

I really love this idea. I think it's sweet. Babies grow so fast & this would be one way to keep something special as they grow older.

As I announced yesterday Hubby & I are buying a house and I'm really excited about having a baby room to decorate! I have the baby bed from when I was a baby (just need to find a mattress), and only a few weeks ago I found a changing table which was made in the same color wood as the baby bed so I picked that up too. I have my Aunt's rocking chair to borrow and I'm looking around to see if I come up with anything else I might want to add to the baby room collection. Colors are still undecided but I like the idea of a pale yellow and the accenting with blue if its a boy or pink/purple if it's a girl.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the baby and the new house! I love the ruffles and the pattern for the quilt. I think I am going to make some of those closet organizing tab things for my closet. I am such a neat freak so it would be perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the crib set from Positively Splendid!! Too cute!!

    Can't wait to hear what you having!!
    Take care,
    Frances

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.