Recently I was really in the mood to bake some muffins...but I wanted them to be different from what I usually make (which is Blueberry). These muffins turned out both delicious and gorgeous. I think they would be perfect muffins to make for Valentine's Day breakfast which is something I just may have to do next year! :)
This recipe makes about 32 muffins.
4 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 heaping Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla flavor
1 teaspoon almond flavor
2 cups milk
21 oz. cherry pie filling
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and baking powder.
3. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Stir in vanilla & almond flavor. Add in eggs, 2 cups of milk.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix until everything is smoothly blended.
5. Stir in the cherry pie filling, but don't blend it all the way so that the finished muffins will have the marbled look to them.
6. Grease 24 muffin tins. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup scoop the batter into each muffin tin.
7. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes. Check one with a toothpick to make sure they are cooked all the way. If they're not cook them for about 3 minutes (you shouldn't have to do this).
8. Let the muffins cool on a cooling rack once they're baked.
One more photo of the muffins as they were pulled out of the oven:
Repin this recipe on Pinterest here!