Thursday, June 6, 2013

Whole Wheat Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

With being pregnant I've discovered that I don't like sweet things very much anymore. This is a recipe for some really delicious, yet mostly healthy muffins. I was really glad they turned out so well since they were an experiment. I'm sure to be making more of these in the future too!


This recipe makes 12 muffins.

Ingredients
1/2 cup honey
3 eggs
1 stick butter
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons baking powder
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
2 cups frozen blueberries

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl mix together the honey, and eggs.
3. Melt the butter in a microwave or if it's already soft just add it to the above mix. Add in water and vanilla too.
4. Stir in baking powder, whole wheat flour, and oatmeal.
5. Last, stir in the frozen blueberries.
6. Measure 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin tin.
7. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. My those look yummy! Thanks for hosting this blog hop - think this is a first between you and I: have met the other two hosts sometime ago. Computer troubles have stopped me hopping about recently! Am off to follow you as often as I can. All the best. Isobel

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YUM!!!! Congrats on your pregnancy!!! I had a sweet tooth with my girls but not so much with my son...I will have to give these a go because we love muffins around here! Wonderful blog you have here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.