Monday, June 24, 2013

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies


This recipe was originally found on Pinterest thanks to The Pin Junkie, but the original recipe inspiration actually came from Sally's Baking Addiction, this is my version. I am a huge fan of these cookies and now that I have a recipe of my own which are soft like the ones you buy from a store I am thrilled!! Of course with being pregnant my   sweets radar has gone WAY down so it's very rare now that I actually bake any cookies...but when I do these are some I make more often then anything else. :)

Ingredients
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
3 cups flour
1 pkg. white chocolate chips
2 cups dried cranberries
1 cup almond slivers

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar. Add in egg and vanilla.
3. Stir in the baking soda and cream of tarter. Add in the flour and mix until well combined.
4. Pour in the chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and almond slivers. Stir well.
5. Roll balls of dough out and place on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. The cookies will need to sit on the pan for about 5 minutes after coming out of the oven. This is what makes them soft. I usually use a spoon to press the cookies down so that they are nice and flat.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 until all the batter is baked up.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm going to check this against my recipe. I LOVE them but mine always turn out flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I can help! I know these ALWAYS turn out super fluffy. I usually mash them down with a spoon so they'll be not as tall lol.

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.