Friday, June 21, 2013

Homemaking 101 | Add A Little Paint


It is amazing how much a little paint can change the appearance of some things! Today I'm going to share with you a project I did awhile back to help spruce up and organize my bathroom. The basket was one that's been around for awhile and I thought it was time for an update. I never used it with the flowers on it before, but since I've painted it the basket has been quite popular.


We only have one bathroom in our apartment. There was a little space right across from where the toilet sits for me to store the old secretary bookshelf that was given to me. At first I wasn't really sure what I was going to put on it, but as you can see it's come together quite nicely.


Now this is the basket that had a little paint added to it. I forgot to take a complete before photo when I started painting the wood piece on the front, but you can still see pretty much what it looked like before I added the paint.


Here is the basket after I painted it. I am using this red color in several rooms throughout the apartment and LOVE it. The painted handwriting isn't my favorite, but it's the best I could do with the brushes I had on hand. I now use this basket to store lotions in and it keeps them nicely organized and in one place.


Here's a close up of the top two shelves. As you can see I like baskets! The one on the bottom (technically the middle shelf) is used to store small hand towels and wash cloths. It does a nice job of keeping them orderly too.


These are the roses from my wedding. I strung them up to dry out and haven't taken them down since because I liked how they look with the rest of the bookshelf. I'm sure they won't stay there forever, but it works for now and I like smelling them when I walk by.

What projects have you 'added a little paint' to?

Want to read more on Apartment Living? Click here!

This post was Shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.