Today's recipe came from a friend at church. She was telling me about this a few months ago and I, being the pasta lover that I am, had to try it. And guess what?! It's DELICIOUS!!
This recipe makes 1 9x13 pan of pasta!
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1 lb. whole wheat spaghetti noodles
4 oz. sliced mushrooms
24 oz. spaghetti sauce
16 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cups cottage cheese
1. Cook the ground beef & sausage in a skillet on a stove until completely brown.
2. Boil water for the noodles. Cook the noodles.
3. Drain the mushrooms and pour them into the meat mix. Add in the sauce. Set aside.
4. Shred the cheese. Set half of the cheese aside for the top of the pasta bake. In the remaining half add the cottage cheese.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. Once the pasta is cooked pour in the sauce and meat mix and add the cheese.
7. Pour into a 9x13 pan. Top with the set aside cheese.