Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cooking For 2 | Italian Baked Pasta


Today's recipe came from a friend at church. She was telling me about this a few months ago and I, being the pasta lover that I am, had to try it. And guess what?! It's DELICIOUS!!


This recipe makes 1 9x13 pan of pasta!

Ingredients
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1 lb. whole wheat spaghetti noodles
4 oz. sliced mushrooms
24 oz. spaghetti sauce
16 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cups cottage cheese

Directions
1. Cook the ground beef & sausage in a skillet on a stove until completely brown.
2. Boil water for the noodles. Cook the noodles.
3. Drain the mushrooms and pour them into the meat mix. Add in the sauce. Set aside.
4. Shred the cheese. Set half of the cheese aside for the top of the pasta bake. In the remaining half add the cottage cheese.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. Once the pasta is cooked pour in the sauce and meat mix and add the cheese.
7. Pour into a 9x13 pan. Top with the set aside cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.

This Post Was Shared!

  • Clever Chicks Blog Hop #41
  • Inspire Me Wednesday #38
  • 2 comments:

    1. That looks absolutely fantastic Helen!
      I will have to give it a try! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. That looks absolutely fantastic Helen!
      I will have to give it a try! :)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

    Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

    My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.