Thursday, November 14, 2013

Guest Post | Shopping Modest on A Budget

Apostolic Pentecostal Ladies I have a treat for you today! Recently I met blogger Madison from Clothed in Glory and we had the chance to email a few times. After getting to know her I thought she would be someone you ladies would be interested in getting to know her too... especially since she shares a lot of cute, affordable and easy outfit ideas. She is here with us today guest posting and sharing yet another great outfit of hers!


Hello! I'm Madison from Clothed in Glory. I created Clothed in Glory to help Apostolic/Pentecostal ladies find modest and fashionable clothes. I'm not just a blogger though, I'm also a YouTuber! Clothed in Glory now has a YouTube Channel and I have really enjoyed reaching out to young girls and talking about all the fun stuff us girls do.

"Outfit of the Day" posts are my favorite so I decided to show you a fall outfit under $25! I love to shop at Plato's Closet & Goodwill to find amazing deals. Finding ways to put together an amazing outfit on a tight budget (not to mention a modest outfit!) can be difficult, but it's definitely possible!

Here are a few tips on dressing fabulously cheap...

1. Find a good consignment shop near you. Whether it's Plato's Closet, Goodwill, Savers, or whatever else. Do a little looking around your town or online to see what is nearest you.

2. Look for BOGO's and sales everywhere. Different online stores will do promotional sales... for example: JustFab (an online shoe shoe store) gives you 50% off your first item. All their shoes, boots, and bags are $39.95 so you get a purse or a nice pair of shoes for less than $20!

3. Set a limit. When shopping, give yourself a budget or guideline as to how much you can spend. I use this method: I won't buy a shirt over $30 unless it's higher than an 8 out of 10 on my must-have scale. Same goes for other items of clothing. Set a limit of how expensive the item can be to buy it unless you are in LOVE with it.

4. Sell some clothes. Plato's will buy some of your clothes used and in good condition and either give you a gift card or cash for them. When you have not worn something in 6 months and it still looks good... sell it! This is a good way to get a little extra spending money for those shopping days.

Here is my outfit!


My Outfit Is:

Shirt: Dollar General for $11.00
Skirt: Goodwill for $6.99
Shoes: Payless for $6.00

Grand Total: $23.99!

See, it is possible to look good on a shoe string budget! Have fun putting these tips into action and looking fabulous as a result.

...be clothed in glory!

Connect With Madison

2 comments:

  1. CUTE outfit! It's so nice to meet Madison! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the design and the color of the outfit of yours.

    www.ayalamalls.com.ph

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.