Monday, November 11, 2013

Fall Bucket List 2013 | Attend A Bonfire

This fire was about 3 men tall!

In October I was able to check off yet another item from my Fall Bucket List: attend a bonfire! The bonfire took place on a pretty cold fall evening at my grandma’s house. She had invited pretty much all the family and relatives out for the event.


Food for the bonfire event included hot dogs, smores, potato chips, Sweet Southern Tea (which Hubby made), white chocolate chip snickerdoodles (which I made) and more! Hubby roasted my hot dogs for me…somehow I ended up with one that was cooked well and one that was just warm but not browned.

This one was taller than one man for sure,
but not as big as the one pictured above.

My uncle was ‘fire master’ and built a wonderful fire for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. Later, when everyone was finished cooking things, he put a bunch of cedar branches on the fire and man did it get really big! From where I was sitting it looked like the flames were two or three men tall depending on how many branches he put on at a time. I have to say that it was really, really hot though. I had to move my chair back several times and I wasn't even close to the fire pit! (See the first pic on this post.)

The cedar put out a lot of ash so that's whats all over my sweater & skirt...
 in case you're wondering.

My Grandma has a lot of dogs…four of which are lap dogs…and they ALL wanted on my lap! I only really had room for two at a time so Poncho sat in my lap, while Taco sat on my baby belly, and Penny sat beside me. Lefty decided he would rather run around and check out everything vs. sitting by me since he couldn't sit ‘on’ me. It was quite hilarious! Hubby tried to get a pic of it all, but it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped.

I wasn't having a good pregnancy day that day so we didn't stay at the party too long. I did enjoy sitting by the fire and spending time with Hubby though. :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun despite your not feeling well. There will be those days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I was browsing around and found your blog. I love your unique and interesting content, so I am your new follower. Care to check out my blog? Follow back if you are interested!
    http://www.beautybykrysti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.