Saturday, December 28, 2013

Baby Get List


December 14th I had some pretty major contractions going on and thought they might be the real thing. As it turns out they were only Braxton-Hicks, but still...it was scary and not fun at all! (I say scary because that was a little over 4 weeks from his due date, and we are not fully prepared to have a baby in the house yet.)

Even before that scary event I had put together a list of the things we still REALLY needed to purchase before baby arrives. There are really only two big ticket items left to get, but the little stuff sure can add up quickly. Whoever said kids are expensive was right!

I thought it would be fun to share with you some of the things from our baby list that we're planning to get asap. I have a lot of clothes and little things, but there's some important stuff we're still in desperate need of and after that scare I'm really anxious for them to be in our possession for when the real time does come. Of course not everything is important to have before the baby gets here, but some things are: like the diapers and mattress!

P.S. These item's are in no specific order! I'm just putting them on here as I find them off my list!

{photo via Walmart}

Gerber Pre-Folded Birdseye 3-Ply Cloth Diapers, 10 Pack. As I've mentioned in this previous post, we are planning on cloth diapering...but not only would these make for great cloth diapers they'll also be wonderful as burp rags too. I have one package, but would like to get at least one more.

{photo via Walmart}

Econobum One-Size Cloth Diaper Trial Pack. After doing some research on 10 different cloth diapers {read more here} I've decided these are the ones I want to buy/try. In doing a little research between the trial pack and the kit, I've decided it's better all around to buy them individually since I will get one cover more with the individual purchase than I would with the kit. This just makes more sense to me! I would like to get at least 10 of these to start with and add to the collection as we can until I have about 25.

{photo via Walmart}

Mossy Oak Deer Antler Accent Lamp -Dark Woodtone. I only have the main light in Little Man's room. This is the lamp I found (after much searching) and really want to get! It will go perfectly with the room decor ideas I have!

{photo via Walmart}

Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity Window Curtain Panels, Set of 2. These are another item that I've been DESPERATELY searching for the past few weeks and found online today as I was putting together this post! YAY!

{photo via Walmart}

Sealy Baby Ortho Rest Crib & Toddler Mattress. I went to Walmart in mid December and checked out the mattresses they had. I was originally going for the $40 mattress, but when it was flexible enough it wouldn't stay straight when we were putting it back on the rack I knew it was going to be sturdy enough to last through several kids. We looked at this one instead and I think it'll be a better choice for about $20 more.

{photo via Walmart}

Graco SnugRide 22 Classic Connect, Little Hoot. Another very important item we don't have yet is a car seat. We haven't really decided which one we're going to get yet, but the owls on this one are SO cute! Still trying to figure out what we want to get in this department.

{photo via Walmart}

American Red Cross by First Years Deluxe Healthcare & Grooming Kit. I would REALLY like to get one of these before Little Man arrives. I think it has a lot of useful things in there and most of them we don't have yet.

{photo via Walmart}

Parent's Choice Unscented Baby Wipes, 700ct. Although we plan to do cloth diapers, I'm not so sure I'm up for using cloth wipes. This is the alternative I plan to go with, at least for the first go round.

{photo via Walmart}

Johnson's Bathtime Essentials Baby Gift Set. I'm not really sure I will get the gift set, but I do need to get most of the things included in this. I haven't checked to see which is the better buy: individually or in the gift set. We shall see!

{photo via Nursing Pillow}

Nursing Pillow {Hush Pattern}. I am really in love with this boppy style pillow! If I can I will be getting this pillow as I will be strictly breast feeding for the first 6-8 months (because I have a ton of food allergies, and for him to be strictly breast feed during that time will lessen the chances of him having those too). I hear these are back savers and a wonderful thing for breast feeding moms! There is a Bare Naked Boppy available at Walmart, but for $10 more you can have the really cute one. We'll see what I end up getting!

I'm sure that I'll come up with a few more things I want to get, but these are the main things. I always have so much fun looking for baby stuff! I can't wait until I can start buying the rest of these items! That will be SO fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.