Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Snacking Healthy | Berry Frozen Yogurt


I love Frozen Yogurt! I recently decided to try and make my own. I looked up a lot of recipes, but the main one I used for reference was from Poor Girl Eats Well. The first attempt was peppermint flavor because I love peppermint. Unfortunately, that attempt flopped. Peppermint and honey do not taste good together! My second attempt was the berry flavor. Let me just say it is amazing!


Ingredients
4-5 Tablespoons of lemon juice
1 16 oz. container of plain yogurt, which has been in the freezer 2 hours
1 cup of frozen blueberries
1 cup of frozen strawberries
2 Tablespoons of water
1/2 cup of sugar

Directions
1. In a blender place the yogurt and lemon juice. Blend.
2. Add in the blueberries and strawberries.
3. In a microwave safe bowl put the water and sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until sugar is melted.
4. Once the sugar is melted pour it into the blender with the yogurt mix. Blend again.
5. Pour the yogurt mix into two separate fairly shallow containers and freeze. I put my mix in the freezer for three hours and then stirred it up and served myself a bowl because I couldn't wait any longer.

This Post Was Shared!

2 comments:

  1. Looks YUM!
    I love making frozen yogurt, especially during the hot summer months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delicious. Thanks for joining us on the HomeAcre Hop. Please come back and see us this week: http://everythinghomewithcarol.com/the-self-sufficient-homeacre-hop-8/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.