Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Beauty Tips | Dealing With Acne

For most of my teenage years I hardly ever had any breakouts or problems with acne/bumps on my face. But lately, with college stress and life stress, I seem to always have a ton of bumps all over my forehead. Because of this problem (and it looking unsightly) I have been trying lots of home remedies to make the bumps less obvious and/or go away. Here are the things I tried:

Mouthwash
Yes, weird I know, but it works! One day I had canker sores and was using mouthwash. As I was rinsing my mouth out with the strong stuff I looked in the mirror and saw my terrible broken out forehead. The idea to try mouth wash on my forehead didn't come until later, but I thought: if this removes sores due to bacteria in the mouth wouldn't it do the same for the forehead? So, I decided to give it a try. It took me about 3 days before most of the bumps were gone.




~What I Did: I would put a little mouthwash in the cap and then tilt my left ear towards the sink. Then I would very carefully pour the mouthwash out on my forehead, then turn my forehead down towards the sink and rub it in. I would let it sit there for about 30 seconds and then wash it off and dry my face. I did not use any soap before doing this and I didn't use any lotions after doing this. If you don't want to pour it like I did then just put some in your hand and rub it on your face, same result. Make sure to keep your hands off your face after you wash the mouthwash off! Your skin may feel different (softer in my case) but oils from your hands can make breakout's worse.

Dove Soap
White Dove soap is good for you skin. In regular cleaning of your skin this is the best soap to use in my opinion. However, I don't think it helps with acne/bumps on the face. I do recommend using this regular to keep your skin clean.

Aspirin Mask
Another trick I tried was rubbing aspirin on my face. I tried this a few times but nothing ever really seemed to improve. Lots of sites I have visited when looking for information on this mask have said that it does not work, or that to work properly it is supposed to be applied to the actual spot and not the whole face.

~My thoughts: don't try it unless you just want to. I didn't like it and it didn't help me.

To read some information on the Aspirin Mask for yourself, check out these links:

Acne Treatments - Aspirin Mask
Aspirin Mask Reviews

Where I originally discovered the Aspirin Mask:
Painted Ladies Blog: Breaking Down Beauty: The Aspirin Mask

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.