Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Version of No-Bake Cookies with No Dairy or Peanut Butter

No-Bake Cookies are some of my favorite. However, because of allergies I usually can't eat them. Today I wanted some really bad so I went in search of a recipe I could use and couldn't find any. I found one and adapted it and thought I should share it since they turned out pretty tasty. I didn't make them into individual cookies so they're kind of crumbly, but I think as cookies they would hold together just fine.


Ingredients
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
4 Tablespoons of coca
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup of creamy almond butter
4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
 
Directions
 
1. In a saucepan place the oil, water, cocoa and sugar. Put the stove on high heat and stir constantly.
 
2. As soon as the mixture starts to boil turn it down to medium heat and stir for one minute. Add the vanilla and almond butter.
 
3. Once the almond butter has smoothed out pour in the chocolate chips and rolled oats. Stir well.
 
4. Spread onto a greased baking sheet and let it cool and cut into strips/squares OR scoop out the mix with a spoon and put onto wax paper and let it cool in little mounds.

2 comments:

  1. These sound amazing, but I had a thought, what if you used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil? Coconut oil is so good for you, then essentially you would be making a fairly healthy cookie, now you can buy coconut oil that its expeller pressed & doesn't taste like coconuts if you aren't fond of the taste of coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea. The only problem with that for me is I'm actually allergic to coconut. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.