Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Refashionista | Men's Waffle Shirt to Skirt


In fall of 2012 I put together a skirt using a men’s waffle shirt. I thought I’d be able to write a tutorial post with it, but as it didn't turn out quite as good as I expected I decided I would just share photos instead.

The shirt before it was transformed into a skirt.

Turning a men’s shirt into a skirt is actually quite tricky. I've tried it several times and so far this particular skirt is the only success. I usually wear medium or large in the skirt department, but to turn a shirt into a skirt for me I usually have to use a men’s XL so that there is enough room in the waist of the finished skirt. It’s a complicated process that’s for sure!

The shirt about to be turned into a skirt.

The main thing you have to do is get the shirt from its ‘shirt shape’ to a big square or rectangle shape. After that you can add the waistband and if you have enough excess fabric you should be able to put in an elastic waist band so the skirt fits comfortably. I wasn't able to do that with this skirt, but if I try this idea again at any point in the near future I’ll try be able to add in an elastic band so it’ll fit better. The waist in the skirt is actually a little big on me so layering is necessary to keep it up!

Here is an outfit post where I wore this skirt:

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! There are endless possibilities here!

    I hope all is well with you and Little Man! And that you are settling in!

    blessings and love
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.