Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cooking For 2 | Beef Tacos


I don’t know about you, but Mexican food is some of my favorite! I think it’s probably the lovely spices and mixture of cheese and sour cream on top that is really tasty, but still… who can resist a taco? They are actually pretty easy to make and you can easily multiply the ingredients to feed more people. I personally like crunchy tacos, but hubby likes them soft so a box of taco shells will last us a really long time since I eat 2-3 for one meal.


This recipe should make 8-10 tacos.

Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef*
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
¼ head of iceberg lettuce
½ lb. (8oz.) sharp cheddar cheese
Sour cream
Salsa
Taco shells and/or tortillas

Directions
1. In a skillet brown your beef and drain the grease. Add in the taco seasoning packet.
2. Prepare the other ingredients: chop the lettuce into tiny bits, shred the cheese, stir the sour cream, and get the salsa ready.
3. Fix your tacos with preferred toppings and enjoy!

Notes
-One pound of beef could do us two separate taco dinners, but the spice packets don’t come any smaller so unless you want half a packet of taco seasoning mix sitting around just fix the whole thing and freeze the leftovers for another meal later on. (If you do ½ a packet you’ll only need ½ a pound of beef.)
-You can also serve refried beans on the side if you need a filler. Beans are great for filling people up!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.