In late October I started making a nursing cover for Little Man. I will be breast feeding him exclusively for the first six months and I want to keep myself covered when were out or someone visits and he has to eat. I was going to make the cover out of the same fabrics I’m using on his quilt (see pics of the quilt in progress here) and that was fine, but this version of the nursing cover is just not working out very well for me.
I was attempting a two sided cover which would button at the back of the neck and cover baby & me. I was using a nursing cover my mom had given me years ago as a guide (it’s very girly which is why I was attempting a more boyish one in the first place). Needless to say this is one project that did not get finished. The fabric isn't completely wasted though. I totally plan to take this project apart and use the fabric on the quilt I’m still working on.
I did find a nursing shawl idea on Pinterest. I have since used that to make two of my own nursing shawls and I’m in LOVE with the way the look and how easy they were to make. I will totally be blogging about them in the future, but I don't have a good picture of it yet.