Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Prego With Style | Denim & Boots

{photos taken by the hubby}
We are 28 weeks pregnant here.
28 weeks was Oct. 22nd.

Back in May when hubby & I were in vacation in Mississippi I was thrift shopping with his cousin & a friend and found this really nice long brown skirt. I didn't try it on when I found it because it was cotton and stretchy and I wasn't worried about the waistband area fitting. Well, when I got home-home (to my house) I figured out the skirt was a terribly awkward length: just above my ankles. I was upset that it didn't fit right so I threw it in a pile of clothes to fix and forgot about it…until last month. I was digging through that pile of clothes in desperation because none of my skirts were fitting and I needed something comfy. I found the awful brown skirt and decided it needed some quick work. A few cuts and a new hem later I had an adorable knee-length brown skirt which I love wearing! It’s super comfortable and even though it’s not a maternity skirt I’m just glad it fits decently.

Denim Jacket: Old Navy Maternity (thrifted!)
Peach Tank: Wal-Mart (clearance)
Brown Skirt: thrifted in Mississippi.
Boots: Free from friend!

While thrift shopping at the local Goodwill I found the most adorable denim jacket. What is even better than finding the jacket is the fact that it’s Old Navy AND maternity! The sleeves fit me a little tight when I wear it over a shirt that has sleeves, but it’s not so uncomfortable that I won’t wear it. I have really enjoyed having this piece of clothing…and it even buttons up over my baby belly! At least for now. :)


With the cold weather we've been having (upper-40's to mid-60's) I've found that wearing flip flops is no longer possible. These were my primary go-to shoes ALL spring and summer and now that it's cold my feet just can't handle being in them outside. I was given a really old pair of boots earlier this summer and they have become one of my favorite shoes to wear this fall. They fit with my thick cozy socks on so my feet stay really warm and they look cute! I get a compliment on them every time I wear them out.

3 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful! 'Love the outfit! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are TOO CUTE!! How exciting!! LOVE that you're rocking the denim and the boots! Yee haw! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I love those boots... I wear them a lot actually because they're easy to put on! lol.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.