Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cooking For 2 | Perfect Grilled Cheese


My hubby makes one mean grilled cheese sandwich and no matter how hard I try I just can’t make them as good as he does. There must be some secret to it that he didn't tell me…but at least I can make a decent sandwich and that's what I'm sharing with you today! If hubby is around he usually will make the grilled cheese, but when he’s not I’m left to fend for myself. Here is how we make our grilled cheese sandwiches.


This recipe makes 4 sandwiches.

Ingredients
4-8 slices of cheese*
8 slices of bread
Butter

Directions
1. Put a medium skillet on the stove. I suggest not raising the heat above 4 on the knob. I usually cook these between 2-3 on the knob to keep them from burning.
2. Butter both sides of two pieces of bread. (See notes.)
3. Put the two buttered pieces of bread in the hot skillet. Let them cook for almost a minute. Check the side on the bottom to make sure it’s not cooking too much. When they’re just starting to brown, flip the bread over.
4. Put your slice or slices of cheese on one piece of the browned bread. Put the browned part of the second piece on top. Cover the skillet with a lid. Let the sandwich sit for not quite a minute. Check often to make sure the toast isn't burning.
5. Flip the sandwich over, cover and cook for almost a minute more.
6. Remove the sandwich and put on a plate to eat. These are best when they’re hot.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 for the following 3 sandwiches.

Notes
*If you like a lot of cheese you might want two slices per sandwich, otherwise just do one slice.

*If you like a little crunch to your toast, pop the bread in the toaster before buttering, otherwise use un-toasted bread.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.