This recipe is a personal favorite of mine. I have been known to make up half a recipe to have in the fridge so I can snack on it occasionally. Ranch cheese ball is simple to make, tastes delicious, and most everyone who has tried it has loved it! It is also a great appetizer or party food as well!
1 8oz. package cream cheese
1 8oz. package extra sharp cheddar cheese*
1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1. Soften the cream cheese. Either leave it out on the counter for a few hours, or in a rush, microwave it for a minute or two.
2. Shred the cheddar cheese. Stir the two cheeses together.
3. Dump the dressing mix into the cheese mix and stir really well.
4. Form into a large ball, or as shown in the photo, scoop into individual servings.
5. Chill for at least an hour before serving so that the cheese ball(s) will hold their shape.
-I like to buy the 8oz. package and shred the cheese myself for a stronger flavor.
-Serve the cheese ball with a variety of crackers (butter rounds, wheat thins, triscuits) and/or pretzels.
This is one of the appetizers we served at our wedding!
Related Posts to the Wedding Topic