One thing I really don't like, but happen to have to eat right now is spinach. It has a lot of iron and other good things in it. Unfortunately I just recently discovered that I'm slightly anemic and in need of more iron. This has to do with the pregnancy and hopefully after the baby's born I'll get back to my normal self, but until then I've been adding spinach to food like crazy… Here’s one example I thought I’d share with you since it has turned out quite tasty.
1 box Kraft macaroni n cheese
Water for boiling noodles
2 Tablespoons butter
1 pkg. Kraft cheese mix (comes with box)
1/3 cup milk
1. Bring a half a pot of water to boil on the stove.
2. Add in the uncooked noodles and set a 7 minute timer (time is important to get the noodles cooked to perfect softness & texture).
3. When the timer goes off, drain the water from the noodles and put back in pot.
4. Add in butter and stir until it is completely melted.
5. Stir in the cheese mix and milk.
6. Put the food back on the burner on medium/low heat (4-5).
7. Add in your handful(s) of fresh spinach and stir until they're somewhat covered by the noodles.
8. Cover the pot with a lid and set a 3 minute timer. Halfway through the time, stir the pasta again to keep it from sticking (if you need more milk you might add it here).
9. When the timer goes off you should have limp spinach in your pasta. Serve onto a plate or in a bowl and enjoy!
|Macaroni n' Cheese w/Spinach with the add in's of black pepper,|
salt and ranch dressing.
I like to add a little salt, black pepper and about a tablespoon of ranch dressing to my serving for extra flavor. This is not something I do every time I eat mac n' cheese, but it is one way I've tried to add spinach to my diet to where it's not quite so gross. Mac n' cheese is something I've craved this whole pregnancy so that's why I chose to add spinach to it.
I have a post coming out