One thing I love is breakfast! It’s the first meal of the day and usually it’s one of the tastier meals too. Autry, on the other hand, doesn't like to eat breakfast so ‘cooking for 2’ at breakfast usually ends up being me cooking for myself. Sometimes he will eat something I make up for breakfast, but that is rare. Today’s recipe is perfect for two people though and even if you’re just by yourself there isn't so much leftover that you wouldn't be able to eat it in the following two or three mornings!
Servings depend on the size of your waffle maker.
I got about 10 individual waffles from this recipe on mine.
1 ¾ cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 ¾ cups milk
½ cup oil
1. Plug in your waffle maker and get it warming up.
2. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour and baking powder. Make a well in the center of dry mixture and set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl beat the eggs. Stir in the milk and oil.
4. Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and stir really well.
5. Use a small measuring cup, pour batter into your waffle maker. Close the lid and cook for as long as the machine takes. Most of them have a light that comes on when the waffles are ready.
6. Serve the waffles on plates with fresh fruit, butter, syrup, or any other topping you’d like!