Monday, October 21, 2013

Fresh Cilantro Lime Salsa

 

Ingredients
6-8 tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 jalapeno
1 bunch of cilantro
1 lime
½ or 1 teaspoon salt

Directions
1. On a cutting board core all of the tomatoes and cut into four pieces. Cut open jalapeno and take out seeds (unless you like it spicy, seeds are what make the food spicy). Peel the outer skin off the garlic. Rinse the cilantro and have chop off the stems just above the band so mostly leafy stuff is left. Slice lime in half.
2. In a food processor blend one or two pieces of tomato. Add in garlic, jalapeno, and cilantro. Squeeze in the juice from the lime. Blend. Add a few more pieces of tomato if needed to make everything blend well. Add in salt.
3. Put the rest of the tomatoes in the food processor and do a few quick pulses…enough to chop the tomatoes, but not turn them into sauce.
4. Serve right away or refrigerate and serve chilled with tortilla chips or other Mexican foods.

Storage
Be sure that this salsa is stored in the fridge once you’re finished eating on it (and if there’s any left!). I usually try to use it up within a few days or a week at most…thus the reason the amounts of food aren't really big in the ingredient list.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.