Wednesday, October 30, 2013
FAIL | Ironing Bedroom Curtains
Not long after hubby & I moved into our new house I was hanging curtains...I had these pink curtains from who knows where in my sewing stuff and thought they would look pretty good with our current bedroom wallpaper. They do match nicely, but they were a pain to hang. Not only did I have to wash these curtains and wait for them to dry, but I also had to iron out all the terrible wrinkles they had in them. Each panel took about 30 minutes to finish. It was a HUGE pain, but they looked pretty great when I got them hung up.... Until I stepped back and noticed:
One panel was about a foot shorter than the other!! I didn't know that in the 4 or 5 sets there were different lengths in panels. I was SO mad! I had just spent the last 30 minutes ironing something (by the way, I HATE ironing!) only to discover the work had been for nothing.
Fortunately I found another panel which was the longer length (what I had aimed for originally) and got that ironed up... 30+ minutes later I got the result I was originally working for:
Two curtains of the same length, perfectly ironed and hung on the rod. I was really glad to get this project finished...and though this wasn't a complete fail I thought it would be interesting to share. I thought hubby would have something to say about me hanging the pink curtains in our bedroom because he sure had something to say about the pink lamp I had in our apartment living room, but he didn't have much to say about them... I did tell him they were temporary until we got around to redecorating our room...my first room re-do project in our house is the baby's room. I don't know where we'll go from there, but I'm sure I'll be sharing lots of photos when we get the baby's room finished up!