2 sticks butter
1 teaspoon hot sauce*
3 Tablespoons worchestershier sauce
2 Tablespoons cajun seasoning
10 cups chex cereal (corn, wheat, rice)
4 cups crackers (oyster, cheese it, etc.)
3 cups pretzle pieces**
3 cups nuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan melt the butter and add in hot sauce, worchestershire sauce, and 2 Tablespoons of cajun seasoning.
3. In a large bowl, mix together your collection of cereals, crackers, pretzels and nuts. You'll want 20 cups of chrunchies total.
4. When the butter mix is melted and ready to use, pour a little of it over your large bowl mix. Don't pour it all at once or it will fall to the bottom and the mix there will be extra coated while the rest is missing flavor. Pour butter mix over the chex mix and then stir it. Pour more, stir more until the butter is all gone. Make sure to get the bottom cereal moved around so it doesn't become soggy.
5. Grease 2 9x13 baking pans. Divide the mix into both pans. Sprinkle both pans with garlic salt. Stir the mix in each pan and add more garlic salt. Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of cajun seasoning over each pan of mix (so 2 Tablespoons total). Stir.
6. Bake the mix in the oven for 1 hour, STIRRING EVERY 10 MINUTES!
7. Once the mix is baked, set it out to cool. When the mix is completely cooled, store in an airtight container or ziploc baggies.
*I use Tapatio Hot Sauce.
**I used pretzel sticks and broke them in half so they would be easier to grab and munch.