For Easter I wanted to make a cake...and I wanted it to be something fun for the holiday. When I first started putting together the recipe I used too many wet ingredients so I ended up with a really heavy cake. I was so upset with it that I ended up sending a good chunk of it home with friends (since when I'm not happy with something I rarely will eat any more of it). The neighbors were quite upset that I didn't keep any of it since they really enjoyed it so I told them if they would shred the carrots I would make another cake...only with different ingredients so that it would turn out like I had originally planned. For the second cake I used my White Cake recipe and then added the necessary ingredients to create this deliciously, moist, and light Carrot Cake! I hope you enjoy it!
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla flavor
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 Tablespoon nutmeg
3 cups flour
5 large carrots, shredded
1 tub of Cream Cheese Icing
Cinnamon for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl melt the butter. Add in the eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla.
3. Stir in the baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. Add in the flour and stir until well blended and smooth.
5. Pour in the shredded carrots and mix well.
6. Grease a bundt pan or 9x13 pan. Pour in the batter.
7. Bake in oven: 60 minutes for bundt pan, around 45 minutes for 9x13 pan.
8. Let the cake cool completely before icing with Cream Cheese Icing.
9. Sprinkle with cinnamon for the pretty factor if you'd like.
And one last photo, just because!