This recipe is one my mom made for Thanksgiving last year. I am actually not really able to eat sweet potatoes on account that they make me really sick, but I did try a few bites of this because it looked SO good! And it was a really tasty dish too! So if you’re looking for a really delicious and different recipe to use for your sweet potatoes this year this one is for you!
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 stick butter, melted
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Shake of cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped nuts (we used pecans)
1/3 cup white flour
1/3 stick butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, salt, eggs, first butter amount, milk, vanilla, and a shake of cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the brown sugar, chopped nuts, flour, and remaining butter.
4. In an 8x8 glass pan layer the first bowl of ingredients and top with the second bowl of ingredients.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and serve warm.
*You can mix everything together, layer it and refrigerate the day before if you want to make it up ahead of time.