This recipe makes one loaf.
1 3/4 cups of flour (wheat or white)
1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup of chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts are best)
2 tablespoons of water
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium size bowl mix together the flower, baking powder and soda, sugar, and chopped nuts. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl mix together egg, water and bananas.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
5. Pour into a greased bread pan. Smooth over with a spoon.
6. Bake for 60 minutes or until a pick or butter knife inserted in the center comes out clean.