Makes 20 cupcakes.
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup of white sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract
3/4 cup of cocoa
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 1/4 cup of white flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
About 1 cup of milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix oil and sugar in a bowl using a whisk.
3. Add eggs and peppermint extract. Stir until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl mix cocoa, baking powder, flour and salt.
5. Add egg and sugar mix to dry mixture and stir.
6. Slowly pour milk in until the mixture thickens.
7. In a greased muffin pan place 1/4 cup of the batter.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool a minute or two before taking them out of the pan.
9. Let the cupcakes cool completely (about 20 minutes) before icing them.
Green Minty Icing
1 16 oz. container of Betty Crocker Peppermint Icing
4 drops of green food coloring
1/2 cup of Mint Chocolate Chips, crushed
1. Mix together the icing and food coloring.
2. Once the cupcakes are cooled spread the mix across the top.
3. Decorate with a teaspoon or less of the crushed mint chocolate chips.